CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Give a gift card the boot !!!!

Hi

I have been super busy making and packaging teacher gifts as my sons finish school for the Christmas holidays this week.

My youngest sons teacher has been a true blessing this last year and I wanted to get her something special but everyone who is close to her, (who I asked) said a gift card would be best. I guess that at least she will get exactly what she wants now : - )


I used the santa boot card template from Whimsie Doodles and just made a few alterations. I also used a digital stamps from The Cutting Cafe.




I  cut the template in half so I had two separate boot pieces and then made cuts in the "back" boot to hold the gift card. I then joined the two pieces together at the holly leaves with a brad so the card swings open. (By the way I didn't use the card in its original form as I had to enlarge it to fit the gift card and the template then no longer fit on one page.)


Here is an open view of the card.








 

And this is the gift that I added so that my little one had a "gift" to give (he said that the card was NOT a gift!). A face cloth cupake- yum FAT FREE, what could be better.


 
I used this template which I used upside down.


To view of box.



Happy Crafting
Paola
 

5 comments:

nettystamps said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FAT-FREE CUPCAKE!!!! CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT? WHERE DID YOU FIND THE CHERRY? I THINK THE CUPCAKE HOLDER IS A SILICONE BAKING CUP, AM I CORRECT...ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF YOU WOULD SHARE :) I HAVE A COUPLE OF FRIENDS/COWORKERS THAT ARE DIETING SO THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT GIFT! TFS

ANETTE @ anette648@yahoo.com

Melyssa said...

I love the gift boot! What a creative way to give a gift card! Love the shiney spots on the boot!

Sheila D said...

Holy cow....amazing ideas. I am so going to try these. You rock girl!

StampOwl said...

love these both too

Anonymous said...

That is so cute thanks for sharing but please if that is a real gift card thats unused remove the picture from yoor blog! I saw on the news all someone needs is the gift card number and they can steal the money from it! Just so you know:)Love your wonderful ideas!Take care,kristianne25