CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Ballet Stocking Gift Card Holder

Hi

My niece graduated from high school this year and as her school career comes to an end so too has her ballet dancing tuition so I thought it would be fitting as I want to give her a gift card for her Christmas gift, to create a card holder/tree ornament that would remind her of her ballet dancing (she has been attending ballet lessons since she was 3 and she is now 17).

I found a template on the Family Fun site- get it HERE (they have some other fun stocking variations too).



 




Close up of the ballet slipper.


Using the guidleines in the following challenges I turned the Ballet Stocking into a Winter Wonderland with a caroling theme:
SCS Ways to use it challenge: Let's go Carolling- Let It Snow
Pile it On: Tinsel Town - glitter
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Sing a Christmas Carol- Let it Snow
The Cuttlebug Spot: Gift packaging- Ballet Stocking
Crafty Card Makers: Alternative Christmas- Colors and Ballet Stocking

I used Cosmo Crickets new Christmas line Jolly by Golly and bazzill card. I embossed the white card with my Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder and added glitter to the snowflakes and houses. I constructed the snowman by cutting out of the patterned patter and piecing him together.

I have other ballet related gifts I have made to share later today so be sure to check back.

Happy Crafting
Paola

3 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

What a GREAT card! I love that little ballet stocking....very clever!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
Chris & the DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. I love the image and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Vixykins said...

Great creation! Love the colour choice too! Fab x

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers, new challenge is now up!

Sorry I’m a bit late on my rounds due to illness of kids/self

Vix


PS My OH is SA :)