CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Gift Giving

Hi

Just a little something I put together for a friends birthday. I made a matching gift card but didn't take a pic(go-figure).


 
 
I picked up the Issey Miyake hand cream for a song and paired it with a small manicure set (to keep in your purse). I tied it together with some red ribbon added some Christmas berries and placed an elastic bookmark with an angel around the "box". 
 

I used Basic Grey Wassail Christmas paper for the top and bottom of the box and scored a strip of aceteate to form the center of the box.

Here is a close up on the elasticated bookmark and what it looks like used in a book.









 
Just goes to show that no matter what you may have spent on a gift it can be "dressed" up to look like luxurious gifts that may have cost a pretty penny.

Thanks for Looking
Happy Crafting
Paola

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make the angel bookmark? In another post there is a beaded angel that I assume you had made. Where do you get the wings? I love them and my Mom, who collects angels would love them!!!!!!!

Paola said...

Yes, I do make the angels, however I live in South Africa so I won't be able to tell you where to get the wings, however I found these sites that sell them
1. http://www.beadcorp.com/bead_corp_wholesale_supplier_of_beads_from_around_the_world_142.htm
2. http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-angel-wing-beads
or try any bead shops you might have in your area.

Hope this helps.