I had some ingredients left over from Bakers day with my class so I decided to make some bird nests (cute for Easter crafts) with my boys this morning.
4 Tsp syrup
300g cholcolate broken into pieces
jelly beans/ chocolate eggs
(makes about 15-20 large nests)
Method:1. Over low heat melt the butter, syrup and chocolate together, stirring continuously.
2. Add the cornflakes a little at a time, into the melted mixture, mixing well after each addition.
3. Let mixture cool slightly.
4. Scoop mixture into hand rolling it into a ball.
5. place into a cupcake liner and with your thumb press down in the middle to form an indent.
6. place eggs into your nest and if you like a little chick (I used a marsh mellow decorated with food