CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa's sack























Hi Fellow Crafters'

For the kids in my class as a farewell gift (we finished our school year on Friday), I decided to make these little Santa sacks (you can find countless tutes on how to make similar totes around the web). But here is a  photo of the bottom of the bag to give you an idea of what I did.

One of the things I put inside was a little tub of homemade glittery, cinnamon play dough.

I made up a batch and then divided it between smaller containers. This is the easiest and best play dough recipe I have ever made and it really does last for months, if kept in an airtight container.


The Recipe:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tsp vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water
food coloring of choice ( I have used gel, liquid and powdered food coloring and all work equally well)
1 Tsp glitter (color of choice)
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
{Note: Tsp = tablespoon, tsp = teaspoon}

The Method:
1. Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, stir together with spoon
2. add the food coloring, oil and boiling water
3. mix together using an electric mixer - I use the K-beater attachment on my mixer
4. add in the glitter, cinnamon and all spice, mixing all the time until well blended
5. allow to cool slightly and store in an airtight container.

Another variation I tried for my class for fun was to add cocoa to the above recipe- the kids loved the chocolate - cinnamon smell.

Happy crafting.







No comments: